Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Head and Heart

I once heard it said that the worst battle is between what you know and what you feel. And I know that to be very true. I'm fighting that battle right now. I won't go into detail. I will however say that my battle is draining me. The fight between my head and my heart is tiring and I don't know how much longer I can fight before I yield to one or the other. It's stressful to always have your thoughts wrestling. Especially when you see no end in sight. I've tried ignoring it, and it didn't go away. 
The hardest part for me is not being able to tell anyone about it. I'm a very 'bottled up inside' kinda person. I didn't choose to be, I just am. I don't wear my heart on my sleeve at all. I feel incapable of showing emotion, unless I consciously do so. And even then it's not the real me. 
So in turn, I have to fight my worst battles alone.


2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post, I love your blog.
    I know what it feels like to bottle feelings up and it's not very nice at all, even if it is out of your character, you should share these feelings with somebody even if it's on this, in a diary or with a close friend.
    I hope things brighten up for you soon. <3

    ( I'm also your first comment, eek! Welcome to the crazy blogging world :) )

    pretty-things-a-n-d-polka-dots.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH my name is Stella. Beautiful post and I really do hope you win the battle, I'm also fond of keeping things to myself but I found that through writing and poetry and blogging I was able to confide in something. I'm not really good with people.

    ReplyDelete