Friday, January 16, 2015

About this blog.

 - Sorry this is so long...I had a lot to say about this blog. But please read all of it as it will help you understand this blog much better. Thanks.-

We all have a place in our mind where we can go to be ourselves. Either to let off steam or love things, or think thoughts only you can understand. It's the place where you completely understand yourself, or completely confuse yourself, either way it's all yours. No one can come in and tell you that you are wrong for this or that's not the way it's supposed to be. It's just 100% you. It's called Elsewhere. Some people take a while to find this place, others find it but have trouble making peace with it. One of the hardest things to do is make peace with your own mind. But once you've come to terms with your Elsewhere, no one can take it from you. You can never be evicted from your Elsewhere. You can retreat to it when you want to think or express yourself without worrying about what other people think. Without having to explain yourself. The clearest version of you will be found in your Elsewhere.

Somehow, I learned to put my Elsewhere into words, or at least I try to. I can never get all of it in words, I don't think the words I need exist, but I do my best with the words I do know. I use it as a way to understand myself, my Elsewhere. I also use it as a way to say what I can't say out loud. Things I'm to afraid to say because of the reaction I might get from people, especially people I love and who love me. I'm afraid for them to see who I actually am. So I hide myself. And I've learned hiding yourself is one of the most draining things you can do. And I could not allow myself to be drained any longer. So I have to let it out in words. 
For a while I was still afraid for anyone to see the words, but at least they were out of me. Now, that is now enough. I have to put it out there a little more. Only to people who don't know me though, because strangers won't judge you the way people you love will. 
So that is why I started this blog. I wanted to share my Elsewhere, or at least the parts I am able to write about. Maybe someone can relate to me in a way, or not. Maybe all of our Elsewhere's connect. Or not, I don't know. Anyway, so like I said, I started this blog as a way to share more of me. It is a secret blog though. I didn't tell my parents, or siblings, or best friend, or anyone I know that I made a blog. Some of the things I post will be directed to a certain person in my life(family, friends, random person that I saw somewhere, etc). I'll label those as 'You know who you are' posts. In these posts will say what I feel about them, I will be open on my thoughts toward them without naming them, because hello, 'they know who they are'. 
One day I plan on giving my family and friends the link to this blog. Someday far into the future I will let them see who I was when they thought they knew me. I'll let them into my past. But for now it's just me and me. Having a conversation about my thoughts, feeling, and randomness. Just 100%, pure, unfiltered me. And you readers(if anyone is actually reading this blog, which I doubt)get to listen in. 
So welcome to my Elsewhere.

2 comments:

  1. Paper has more patience than people. When you convey your feelings and thoughts into words and put them on a page it's a beautiful thing. And me being the person who really doesn't like to share things intentionally with other people in real life, writing is something I rely one. Your writing has this poetic sense to it. And I love how it's a secret blog.*Star Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I love how you put that, "Paper has more patience than people". That is so true.
      Thanks!
      - Stella

      Delete