Saturday, February 28, 2015

Failed Test Pt.1 // You Know Who You Are

I wanted to confide in you, but first I had to test you. See if you would handle my secrets with care and listen when I needed to talk about something important to me.
I tested with things that were just on the surface of who I was. The silly, random, insignificant things. But you never listened to the silly, random, insignificant things I wanted to tell you. You never payed attention.  So how could I trust you with deeper things? Darker things. I didn't feel comfortable enough to tell you anything much about who I actually am. I know you are probably thinking that I did, I talked a lot and expressed my thoughts and opinions very often. But I was very careful not to let my real self show to just anyone. I never wore my heart on my sleeve, in fact I believed myself to be incapable of doing so. You only saw what I chose to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment